My bird is a confirmed young male Ruby-throat.  The bird was very
cooperative in letting me get photos from 12 feet away with the door open!

I sent some of my photos to Lanny Chambers just to be certain. He wrote:

Immature male Ruby-throated. The 10th primary is definitely not a
Black-chinned shape, and the tail does extend past the folded wingtips.

  - Lanny

As Charlene said, it's very helpful to get good photos.  Now, I'm ready for
the Black-chinned!!!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO