This morning I birded St. Joe State Park trying to get some SPARKS data.  I was hoping  for "unusual" birds out on the desolate, tundra-like chat flats near the Mo Mines SHS. I also hoped for sparrows out in the marshy areas.
A Brown Thrasher was my first bird, at the SP entrance.  Also saw on a mile-plus walk into the park from the Mines end:

American Tree Sparrow - 1
Golden-crowned Kinglets (2) displaying their colors to each other - 1 M, 1 F
Yellow-rumped Warblers - several
Field Sparrows - 4
American Kestrel -1

Continued birding St. Joe after moving to main entrance near Monsanto Lake. The field adjacent to the dumping station at Campground #1 yielded several sparrow species.  Actually, it was hopping with sparrows, but I had run out of time. Saw very quickly:

Swamp Sparrows - 4
Fox Sparrows - 2
Song Sparrows - 6 (at least)
Lincoln's Sparrow - 1 (great looks)
White-throated - 3
Field Sparrows - 3+
Dark-eyed Junco - 1
More Yellow-rumped Warblers
Brown Creeper

Full report in SPARKS.

When I got home, I saw out on Cedar Lake 5 FOS Ruddy Ducks.  Two have very white cheek patches. By the way, Sunday there were 18 Am. White Pelicans out on Cedar Lake - gone by afternoon when people were active.

Judy Bergmann
St. Francois County