A break in the rain came in time for the Thursday afternoon birding
class to get out and bird (a novelty this month!).

We went to Eagle Bluffs CA, Boone Co.  We saw the two plegadis ibis.
I'm calling them probable White-faced, based on very skimpy
evidence.  One appeared to be a non-breeding adult (some pale green
gloss & some maroon gloss toward the rear and a hint of red on the
legs); the second bird appeared to be a juvenile.

Also present were a small flock of American Pipits, 10 Greater
Yellowlegs and 1 late Lesser Yellowlegs (same general area as the ibis).

Ducks were few.  Gadwall, Mallards, Blue-winged Teal, Green-winged
Teal (in descending numbers) and one female Ruddy Duck.

American Coots are putting on a show.

Four Bald Eagles (3 adults), two Red-tailed Hawks and one American
Kestrel (eating something furry).

Full list on CACHE

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO