I observed the Farmington Black-chinned Hummingbird on 12/11/2004.

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Charlene and Jim Malone
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Late hummingbirds - check CLOSELY

Lanny Chambers said he still has a female RUBY-THROATED hummingbird coming
to his feeder in Fenton (10 minutes away from me..argh).
He wants to remind folks to look at those late hummers closely.
"A normal-looking bird with wings that don't extend past the tail when
perched may be a Black-chinned."

Wasn't the Black-chinned in Farmington about this time of year?..have to
check.

And if you do have a late hummingbird PLEASE let others know, at least Lanny
Chambers ( www.hummingbirds.net ) so that it can be IDed and documented.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.