On Monday, late afternoon, my husband and I saw 25-30 Swifts swirling around our house.  (Our normal number all summer was 3.)   Hard to believe they are going to make it all the way South.  In among the Swifts was one Common Nighthawk.   General movement seemed to be southeast for the nighthawk.  The Swifts just seemed to be interested in feeding and had no apparent direction.   We too had the massive swarming of Asian Lady Beetles.  Probably the most massive in 5-6 years and we have large numbers of them every year.  Nasty, stinky things that they are.

Connie Thompson
Saint Joseph, MO
Buchanan County