Mobirders -
Regarding predators of Greater Prairie-Chicken:
I was up at Prairie State Park in late August, Barton County, and two huge
hound dogs came galloping by!
Wintering Northern Harriers may play a roll in predation of chickens too.

Someone mentioned that maybe chickens roost in trees.  I don't think so.  I
believe that they roost on the ground.

Prairie-Chicken population was 40 some at PSP as late as a couple of years ago.  I believe Brian Miller, Nat. Res. Steward there at PSP told me that the
population is at about three right now as far as they know.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  [log in to unmask]