After lunch at home today there was a flurry of bird activity in our yard from approximately 1:30 PM until 2:15 PM.

Forty-five (45) minutes of unabated bird watching!

Brenda and I saw sixteen (16) species of birds in and * flying over our yard.

Birds seen listed in no particular order:
American Robin - 10 to 15
Blue Jay - 10
Brown Creeper - 3/4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - 3/4
Hairy Woodpecker -1 male
Downy Woodpecker - 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker - 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 5
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 1
Northern Cardinal - 5
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
Black-capped Chickadee - 2
House Sparrow - 10
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 2
Hermit Thrush - 1
* Chimney Swift - several flyovers

All is quiet again now with hardly any birds in the yard!

* We do not have feeders of any kind currently in our backyard, but will probably be putting some up shortly. (We would like to get a repeat of the Red Crossbills we had visiting our feeders last winter!)

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com