I heard a sharp series of shrieks, looked outside and saw this lovely Cooper's Hawk. Lovely in part, because there were no small birds around for lunch.  It went to three different perches (including in neighbor's tree), then made a grab for a squirrel.. Best  I could tell it missed the squirrel and was then out of view.
   I have been only modestly feeding birds in a.m., until feed is finished, so in afternoon and later , not so many birds around.  Hard to quit feeding them cold "turkey"..
   Some great (for me, and through a window) pictures are on :  jcallen.smugmug.com

   Jane Allen , St. Louis County