From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Drake
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Woodpeckers are pecking away at the wood trim on my house

Dear fellow birding friends,

My wife and I recently painted the cedar trim of our Wildwood house. We thought we chose a paint that would not attract woodpeckers. Alas, they are back. I've heard from June who is the Audubon of MO contact that streming tinsel can ward off the woodpeckers. Is there any lasting solution you can reccomend? The woodpeckers are operating on the back of our home which faces a wooded common area. We plan to trim a few trees in the back to give the woodpeckers less camoflage for landing in the tree and then attacking our house.

Yours earnestly looking for your guidance!

Steve