For what it's worth, one Common Nighthawk over Dutzow, MO, on Monday the 20th.

Shawn Ashbaugh
Augusta, MO

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: June <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 06:39:46 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Common Nighthawk Columbia

I saw two Common Nighthawks in Lenexa, KS (greater KC) on Sunday.
June Newman
Carrollton, Mo

On Oct 19, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Edge wrote:

I saw a Common Nighthawk over southwest Columbia (Boone Co.) this afternoon about 4 p.m.  I wasn't going to post--thinking it a total fluke, but Kansas listserv has sightings for today, too.

Robbins & Easterla note: It is regularly seen, in much smaller numbers (usually only solitary birds are seen after the first week in Oct) through mid-Oct but rarely into the third week of Oct.

Late dates include 1 on 11 Nov 1989, Columbia (G. Perrigo)