Lynda and i were staining our deck on Monday (19 Oct) and--after about five
hours of breathing oil-based fumes--we saw three chimney swifts over the
yard.  Good thing the winds were breezy that day or, given the fumes, I
probably would have seen lots of other things, too.  Pink elephants and
whatnot.

Anyway, we were in DeSoto that night, and at about 8:30 we heard a flock of
greater white-fronted geese.  They flew right over the parking lot we were
in, and the town lights were just bright enough that we could see the
formation--probably about 25 birds.

First of the fall for us!

Tom and Lynda Mills
Hillsboro, MO