I birded Prairie Home CA (Cooper & Moniteau counties) today.  The
Asian lady beetles were swarming along Acre Rd.  I really dislike
these things.  Unlike our native 2-spotted red Lady Bug, these things
STINK and they go everywhere (they love the insides of houses in the
winter).

Below is an excerpt from an article on the net.  It sounds toooooooo
optimistic to me; another example of us messing with balance by
bringing in an exotic so we can try to raise more monoculture stuff.

The birds were delightful today.  Added 2 Lincoln's Sparrows to the
area checklist.  Two Brown Creepers were fun. But I saw no birds
paying any attention to the bugs swarming.

The multicoloured Asian lady beetle is a promising biological control
agent of several insect pests on a wide variety of ornamental and
agricultural crops. Its large and even explosive populations are
probably caused by the massive abundance of prey, mostly aphids and
scale insects, the apparent lack of competition from native lady
beetles and the apparent lack of native natural enemies. The
multicoloured Asian lady beetle populations will become more balanced
when its prey numbers decrease and it falls prey to native natural
enemies.

Edge Wade

Columbia, MO