Mobirders:
I am sad to report that our good friend David Faintich died this afternoon
here at St. Lukes Hospital in St. Louis. He went into cardiac arrest last
Friday Oct. 9th and never regained consiousness after defib occurred. He
passed away peacefully this afternoon with his wife Carol and his two
children at his bedside.
I had the privilege to bird with David over the past 10 years. We shared
many happy moments together birding in Missouri and many other great birding
hotspots throughout the U.S. One of the memories we will always have is when
Dave, Dency Kahn and I found a White Wagtail in Florida in the spring of
2007. This was a new state record for Florida and Dave's photo of this bird
appeared in several birding magazines.
After this discovery in Florida, we named our birding club the Senior
Wagtails of St. Louis, a small group that has spent many hours birding
together.
At this time, no funeral arrangements have been determined but I have been
told it will be on Sun or Mon. When an exact time is set I will send out
further info.
Our sympathy to Dave's family and friends.
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County, MO.

--
D. Pierce