If I read Lanny Chambers' replies (which are very interesting and valuable) correctly, he does not take issue with me so much as with my summarizations of information gleaned from Laura Erickson's book. On the main issue, whether it harms hummers to leave feeders up after the "normal" migration time, he agrees with me and with Laura. It's OK to leave them up. Hummers can take care of themselves pretty well -- even in cold weather.

I'm sending Mr. Chambers a copy and will post his reply if he wishes me to do it.

Bob Fisher
Independence, MO
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/