Randy Cartwright and I walked along one of the levees at Cooley Lake CA on Friday evening, 10/9.  Not too birdy, but we did see a MARSH WREN, SNOWY EGRET, possible molting SAVANNAH SPARROW, 10 Common Snipe, plus 4 Great Egrets, lots of coots, blue-winged teals, and wood ducks, and several song and swamp sparrows (and rough-winged swallows foraging over the MO river), as well as the usuals.

Jennifer Reidy

Liberty, Clay County