Drove up to the annual MPF meeting yesterday in Cole Camp, MO (Great little town that puts on one fine Oktoberfest.) and birder both Mora and Hi Lonesome Prairie. I don't get to bird prairies often so Hi Lonsome is always a pleasure to walk and bird. Lots of hawks around and good counts of sparrows having located both a Nelson and LaConte's, but the real surprise was the Scissor tail flycatcher, what a acrobatic bird to watch on a cool windy day.

A special thanks to both MPF and Audubon Missouri who put on a fine show, and one of the big pleasures for me was bumping into so many old friends.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.