Liza,

The chart shows Blue-headed Vireos still in MO in the first week of
October.  We know birds don't read, and there are often lingering
individuals.  I saw 2 Blue-headed Vireos at Gravois Mills Access
(Morgan Co.) and one at Manito Lake (Moniteau Co.) on Monday.

Robbins & Easterla, "Birds of Missouri" shows the following:

Solitary [now Blue-headed] Vireo
High counts include 7 on 3 Oct 1988 Atchison Co.
Latest dates
1 26 Nov 1963 Columia
1 at suet feeder 25 Nov 1981 Jefferson City.

Believe your eyes and your i.d. skills.  You saw a Blue-headed Vireo.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO