Dr. Starrett, I'd like to second this excellent suggestion!

Also, with reference to list rules, I have been unable to locate same.  Could someone please provide me with a link?
I think this would clear up a lot of confusion for newbies such as myself.

Finally, was a determination made at the annual meeting regarding making online membership available?   I may have missed the follow-up posting on that issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Good birding,
Jennifer Sweeney
City of St. Louis

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, worshipper, lover of living, it doesn't matter
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come even if you have broken your vow a thousand times,
Come, yet again, come, come.
-Jalal al-Din Muhammad Rumi