From: Jennifer Reidy <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, October 8, 2009 5:56:50 PM
Subject: Re: Bird feeding: Can we have our cake and eat it, too?

I agree wholeheartedly with point #1!  I have a NWF certified wildlife yard that I am very proud of - no chemicals and almost all native landscaping that provides food and shelter to all creatures.  Plus growing natives is low maintenance and uses very little water (we usually only need to water plants in their 1st year or prolonged dry spells).  Maybe Audubon should be more proactive about promoting their program 'healthy yards' to create wildlife habitats in our own backyards through native landscaping, since that is within our own control.

Jennifer Reidy
Liberty