Rob and I birded Confluence State Park from 12-3pm today and saw the
following:

American White Pelicans (~75-100); (they put on a spectacular show)
Eurasian Tree Sparrows (~100)
Red-Winged Black Birds (too numerous to count - 100s very vocal)
Tree Swallows (~30)
Horned Larks (~20) (If we hadn't seen them fly in and land in a mudflat we
would never have noticed them.)
Killdeer (~8) (Seen with the Horned Larks.)
American Goldfinch (20+)
Chimney Swifts (10)
Red-bellied Woodpecker (1)
Bald Eagle (1)
Blue Jay (~10)
American Crow (3)
Red-tailed Hawk (3)

Thank goodness I finally got out!  The Pelican show was enough to plaster a
smile on my face for the day...the rest will likely keep me going for the week.

Good birding,

Michele Rambaud
St. Louis County