I spent some time at the bird garden in Tower Grove Park late this
morning and had many of the same species Chris did, including Summer
Tanager, Blue-headed Vireos (at least 3, maybe more), and Winter Wrens.

Also saw:

Wood Thrush
Dark-eyed Junco

It was nice to see the Blue-headed Vireos close up, at one point no
more than 4 feet away, without binoculars.

Didn't see a House Wren in the park, but there's still one in our
backyard.  Also saw a White-crowned Sparrow in the front yard this
morning.

And, a very late yard report - a Marsh Wren in the backyard on
September 19.  I put in a tiny pond in May, and the bird was foraging
amongst the Pickerel Weed and Water Canna.

Sherry McCowan
Saint Louis, Missouri