A highlights recap of the CAS field trip to Howard Co., birding at
Peters & Rogers lakes west of Fayette, lunch at Emmet's, book
browsing/coffee at Possum Haw Antiquarians, cruising Fayette streets,
walking Sandra Kubal's prairie:

Single Great Egrets graced both lakes.
A coy, then cooperative Nashville Warbler drew appreciative comments
for its striking markings.
A very nonchalant female Merlin sat atop a tree and allowed two
scopes to be set up to view her.  She ignored us and the incensed
single Yellow-rumped Warbler trying to tell the world of her presence.
We saw a couple of high flights of small numbers of ducks.  A couple
of Pied-billed Grebes and a single Am. Coot were on the lakes.
One adult Bald Eagle soared over D. C. Rogers; several Red-tailed
Hawks, some Am. Kestrels, a couple Northern Harriers and a Cooper's
Hawk were up and about.
An orderly group of Double-crested Cormorants flew over in Angel
Flight close formation.
A Eurasian Collared-Dove was right where Jim Wallace said it would be.

We had an enjoyable day; good company, good food, good books, and
some good looks at birds (some lifers among them).

The next scheduled day-long CAS Field Trip will be Saturday, November
21, to Thomas Hill Reservoir, Randolph & Macon counties. Details will
be posted in November.

CAS Field Trip Leaders: Edge Wade & Bill Clark
Columbia, MO