Good evening!

Observed one Swainson's Hawk near I-29 and Hwy 152 soaring overhead this
afternoon. Had a wonderful time at the ASM fall meeting this weekend and a nice
drive home, half on the backroads and half on the big highway. You see so many
more birds on the backroads! I saw 3 different Pileated Woodpeckers fly overhead
while driving on Hwy 87 N between Eldon and California, MO. That was fun. Great
looks at a Red-shouldered Hawk at Lake of the Ozarks State Park this morning
before leaving.

Laura Gilchrist
KC, Platte County