Well, as I said I would earlier, I went back to Tower Grove Park.

After I picked up my hubby (Andrew Reago) from the airport/metro, we went over to Tower Grove Park and made a day of it.  We found the Black-throated Green Warbler mini-flock (5) and my honey got to see his first Black-throated Green.   We both saw an immature male Rose-breasted Grosbeak - a lifer for us both.  (We have seen the mature males and females many times.)  This guy looks so much like the female except for that rosie breast.  Cool!  We saw lots of other birds, too...but the exciting highlight was....

My Mom joined us later and we all went around together and ran into a lifer for all three of us -  a Yellow-throated Vireo.  We found him around 4PM west of the Cypress Circle, across the street from Jack's pond.

We didn't let a few hundred grackles stop us! (And a gazillion starlings.)

Chris McClarren
St. Louis Souith City