We had a persimmon tree in our back yard at the house where I grew up as a
kid.  My dad loved persimmon pies, and my mother hated to make them.  I
never acquired a taste for them, and my mouth still puckers thinking about
them.  I know, you are supposed to just eat the ripe ones.  See you this
weekend.  Charley Burwick