A group of  Nighthawks of about the same size was at Gaddy in the same areas Patrick mentioned the day before as well -  Sunday afternoon 9/6.  I also saw that day:

Wilson's warbler - female
Canada Warbler
Redstarts - male and female
Hermit Thrush
Various Woodpeckers

Another fun couple was present, Larry & Linda.  They said they saw (that same day) a Black-throated Green, a Gray-cheeked Thrush, and a Red-eyed Vireo - and recommended checking out an area they called Emminger Park.  Anyone else been there?

Today, out at Shaw Arboretum, my mother, husband and I saw:

Yellow-Breasted Chat - a lifer for all three of us, yeah!
Summer Tanager - female
Tufted Titmice - a flock
Bluebirds - a flock
Flycatchers everywhere...and many pewees...
Carolina or Black-capped Chickadees - didn't get the ID quite right to say which
Gnatcatchers
Philadephia Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Carolina Wren
Downy Woodpeckers
Red-bellied Woodpeckers
Nighthawks - another large flock
Bluejays, goldfinch, lots of unidentified sparrows except for the Field Sparrow
and lots more unidentified feathered friends, lizards, frogs, butterflies and lovely lovely flora

Christina McClarren
South St. Louis City