Speaking of injured birds...well, that has reminded me that I wanted to inform the list that Wild Bird Rehabilitation is having a Silent Auction/Trivia Night/Quilt Raffle Event on November 14.   I wanted to invite you all to come out to help raise money for them.  See the full info on the event below.

For those unfamiliar with Wild Bird Rehab, it's a wonderful organization that takes in injured and orphaned songbirds - and cares for them until they are ready to be released back into the wild. Please check out their website at:

 http://www.wildbirdrehab.org/home_page.htm

They serve the entire St. Louis area metro area - and really anyone from anywhere who brings them a bird.  Their services are free of charge although they ask for donations. They depend on donations to keep going.  (For exact location and phone number, see below along with event info.)

If you are interested, you can donate items or services for the Silent Auction part of the event, buy raffle tickets on the gorgeous double bed size "tumbling block" quilt (the winner will be drawn the night of the event), and/or enjoy the Trivia Night.

For raffle tickets, email me off the list. I have already begged some of you while I was out birding.  Yes, I carry the raffle tickets wherever I go.  I figure if anyone is going to care about songbirds, it's you all.  Here's the scoop on the event:

Wild Bird Rehab Silent Auction-Trivia Night-Quilt Raffle Event

Join folks at the Kirkwood Community Center on Saturday, November 14 for a night of fun.  Come early to bid on items in the silent auction, then team up with your family and friends to compete in the trivia game. Prize money for the 1st and 2nd place tables, 50-50 tickets to be sold.  Cap the night with the drawing for a handmade quilt.  Doors open and silent auction begins at 6:00 pm. Game begins promptly at 7:00 pm. Hot dogs, chips & soda included. Bringing your own food is encouraged as well.

Cost: $18 for each individual or $144 for a full table of eight.  You don't have to have a full table to play.  Credit cards, cash or checks accepted for payment.  The Kirkwood Community Center is located at 111 S. Geyer Road, Kirkwood, MO.  For more information and questions, contact Cheri Wright at [log in to unmask] or 314-852-9454.

Wild Bird Rehabilitation
9624 Midland Blvd.
Overland MO 63114
314-426-6400

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you out playing Trivia - for the birds - November 14.

Chris McClarren
St. Louis MO