I have received a report from a friend that a small flock of Painted Buntings (at least 4 males and 3 females) has been at the Boone Valley Golf Club this summer and may have bred there.  I asked her to confirm that she meant Painted and not Indigo, which she confirmed.

The private golf club is near Augusta and is by invitation only, so we won’t be able to bird the course.  She has also seen a female in the Marthasville-New Melle area Schluersburg Road and off of highway T near Marthesville

My contact said that she has not seen the males in a week.  Have they maybe already headed south?

Mike Grant
Chesterfield, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/