This evening, under my nyger feeders, a sparrow was observed "back scratching"(from what I observed, this is it's natural feeding behavior.)   The last time this behavior was observed, was over the winter, last year.  I first noticed the scratching, and then the yellow eyebrows.  This bird was streaked on the breast- rather dark.  I have discounted Song Sparrow.  Not only for the lack of yellow eyebrows and lack of a black spot but also for the lack of back scratching.  I would like to know what sparrows to consider.  Savvanah and white throated are under consideration.

All thoughts appreciated,

Bryan Prather
St.Louis,Mo.