Anne Downing and I visited the Evergreen Sod Farm, along Hwy 40 between
Midway and Boonville late yesterday afternoon. We did not see any lingering
Upland Sandpipers or Buff-breasted Sandpipers but did find 100+ Horned Larks
in all stages of plumage and one (maybe two) Nelson's Sharp-tailed
Sparrow(s). It was seen near the entrance in the gravel road and then
further along the road, followed by flight and viewing out in the sod.

Seems a bit early to be finding this species but perhaps the winds from the
north/northwest have brought them south a bit early.

Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, Boone County, MO