Thursday evening after work, I went to check the R7 Pool/field on the South end of Otter Slough CA, but before I could get there, a crop duster flew low over the slough north to south . . . making several passes dusting the rice fields to the south.

What I was able to see as a result of the dusters repeated trips over the slough property was several flocks of large numbers of Blue-winged Teal. My preliminary estimate is between 700-900 ducks. I have not totalled my evening counts yet. I will input them into the database when I return to MO.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.