Greetings!

My Fulvous Whistling Duck drought is over and I get to add a new Life Bird to my list! I think the key is a morning visit to the site! My last few attempts have put me at the intersection pools near midday with no waterfowl to be seen. They ducks were in the location previously mentioned: North of I-155 at the intersection of I-155 and Hwy. U.

There were 4 individuals present in the western pool with a pair of Blue-winged Teals. I stayed for about 1 hour taking them all in.

The East pool had 20+ Mallards and a few other ducks I still have yet to identify. They were larger, longer necked, and longer billed than the Mallards and did not associate with the Mallards. Gut feeling is leaning me to female Pintails, but I need to look at the guides.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.

Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.