For several weeks I've had more House Finches at my hummingbird feeders than the little birds.  Do others have this happen?
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">mariel stephenson
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:37 PM
Subject: hummingbirds

Until this week I have had many of them at the 3 feeders -  4-cups a day.  this week I have very few and perhaps a cup of nectar used a day combined from all 3 of them.  I am seeing some tiny ones and immature males/females only.  Are they headed out already?

behavior - I have watched hummingbirds take baths in leaf-cups and under dripping leaves.  Was yours just enjoying the rain going down his front as well as his back, or was it a way to streamline the rain straight down his little body?

Mariel Stephenson
Columbia, Mo
573 442 1725