For several weeks I've had more House Finches at my hummingbird feeders than the little birds.  Do others have this happen?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: mariel stephenson
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 5:37 PM
  Subject: hummingbirds

  Until this week I have had many of them at the 3 feeders -  4-cups a day.  this week I have very few and perhaps a cup of nectar used a day combined from all 3 of them.  I am seeing some tiny ones and immature males/females only.  Are they headed out already?

  behavior - I have watched hummingbirds take baths in leaf-cups and under dripping leaves.  Was yours just enjoying the rain going down his front as well as his back, or was it a way to streamline the rain straight down his little body?

  Mariel Stephenson
  Columbia, Mo
  573 442 1725