From: Patrick Maloney <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, Aug 18, 2009 6:19 pm
Subject: RFI: St. Louis Area

I have unexpectedly been given a gift of a full day to go birding (or whatever else) tomorrow!  However, I am unsure where to go.  Last year I went to BK Leach on the 18th for shorebirds but saw very few.  Also, alas, I don't have a scope, so I was thinking more of regular land birds.  Can someone suggest a day trip?  I'm thinking of Weldon Springs or BCA (Lost Valley?)  Or maybe the swing past Horseshoe Lake up to Riverlands and Two Rivers?  I was there 10 days ago and without a scope it was tough.  Any suggestions out there you'd be willing to share?
Pat Maloney
South St. Louis