Edge and Mobirders:
Wow, phase V of CACHE already! I've heard a lot about "partnerships" related to habitat restoration in regards to this program and was wondering if those involved could provide specific examples of how the CACHE money is being spent. What habitat is being preserved?
Also, didn't we already have a state checklist? For the CACHE data to truly influence management decisions, wouldn't a tight, standardized, peer-reviewed methodology be required?
Unless I'm missing something, wouldn't buying a hunting/fishing license be a more effective, direct way to preserve these habitats (and a duck stamp for NWR's)?
Just curious,
Doug Willis
Liberty, MO
P.S. Not trying to start a town hall meeting or anything, I am genuinely interested to know how this money is being spent and what habitat is being preserved as a result.