Tue Aug 11, 2009

MOBirders:

I'd like to clarify a point raised in a recent exchange regarding the
CACHE/SPARKS records review process.

Species on the Missouri Bird Records Committee Review List, and
reported by a CACHE/SPARKS observer, are electronically flagged for
review before they are added to any CACHE/SPARKS area checklist.  As
Editor, I look at these flagged records and decide whether they should
be approved outright, referred to the MBRC or, if warranted, simply
deleted.

All approved records are then added to an area trip report, and the
species to the checklist, including species that have been documented
and approved by the MBRC.

If you'd like more information, don't hesitate to contact me off-
MOBirds.  Questions regarding the scope of participation of the MBRC
in the CACHE/SPARKS records review process should best be referred to
one of the committee members or, especially, Bill Rowe, MBRC Secretary.

Mike Thelen
CACHE/SPARKS Editor