Now, THAT is what I would call a good thread! Thanks Jim, Jean, Mike D., Mike T., Phil, Sue, and Chris for the informative and inspirational posts. What I got out of this was that CACHE/SPARKS does indeed contribute to real, tangible conservation. Props to everyone and I'll make an honest effort to contribute once work slows down (and when I finally get my winter gulls documented!).
Nice job!
Doug Willis
Liberty, MO
P.S. Periodic updates to the listserve on the specific projects that CACHE/SPARKS monies are going to would be solid P.R. and an excellent way to promote the program, I would think.