Thank you Nancy for being sympathetic to my situation. I have also found some positives in the situation.

I'm writing a long poem about a combat veteran with PTSD, and am now seeing a therapist for my own post-trauma stress, which provides me with insights into my character's condition. Great field research!

Best,

Diana

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:30:16 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dynamo, Flanagan, and that "third scene" from Sweeney Agonistes
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Diana,

I sympathize very much on the car crash.  I spent 3 weeks in bed after being hit in March and then had to go to Scotland no matter what.  It was exhausting but wonderful.  But I did not realize, I think, how much I would go on being tired and sore for a long time.

The serendipitous result, though, was that, instead of immediately doing what I went to do, I spent about 3 weeks in the National Library of Scotland (because it was a short bus ride that dropped me off directly in front of the library) reading Eliot letters to Scottish writers.  I'm giving a paper on them at the TSE Society.

>>> Diana Manister 08/14/09 3:15 PM >>>
Dear Nancy,

I have Lyndall Gordon and will look it up.

Sorry for the name switch -- still taking painkillers after the car crash which make me dopey, or dopier.

Diana