It is not unknown for people to retain memories of being in the womb.
Peter
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marcia Karp
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:46 AM
  Subject: Re: Waste Land Sex

  Not if the poet is revealing something that would never have occurred to others.  He forces you to consider the matters of responsibility and of human life in a new way.

  I guess we just disagree.

  Best,
  Marcia

  Diana Manister wrote:
    Dear Marcia,

    "My tall husband" is not redundant.

    However, unless a foetus can be responsible, or imagined to be responsible, or could sanely be described as possessed of any tiny degree of responsibility for anything at all, "irresponsible foetus" is redundant.

    Diana