As for the allegation of Eliot not holding aristocratic (or high-class) love affairs approbrious, here are some instances that refute the charge:

The nymphs are departed.
And their friends, the loitering heirs of City directors;
Departed, have left no addresses.

Twit twit twit
Jug jug jug jug jug jug
So rudely forc'd.
Tereu

     Weialala leia
     Wallala leialala
Elizabeth and Leicester
Beating oars
The stern was formed
A gilded shell
Red and gold
The brisk swell
Rippled both shores
Southwest wind
Carried down stream
The peal of bells
White towers
     Weialala leia
     Wallala leialala

Eliot's Notes to TWL:

279. V. Froude, Elizabeth, vol. I, ch. iv, letter of De Quadra to Philip of Spain:
In the afternoon we were in a barge, watching the games on the river. (The queen) was alone with Lord Robert and myself on the poop, when they began to talk nonsense, and went so far that Lord Robert at last said, as I was on the spot there was no reason why they should not be married if the queen pleased.

CR