Thank you Rachel; hopefully I'll get off the pain meds and be able to do some original thinking one day soon!

Now that Tom has provided a link to Eliot's bilious "Savage Gods" essay, anyone on the list can see that he was catholic in despising any group or person who threatened his vision of the ideal Anglican state dominated by clergy and royals.

Diana