This morning I saw one Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the main pool area of Thompson River wetland West of town. Don't very often find them around here. It was in the short grass that is growing up as this pool continues to dry up. There were a few Least and Spotted Sandpipers, Yellowlegs, Killdeer, and Semi-palmated Plovers also at this location. A flock of medium-sized shorebirds flew off before I could get a good look at them - think probably Pectoral Sandpipers.
 Seemed very quiet out there today with birdsong noticeably reduced - mostly Indigo Buntings and Dickcissels about all I heard singing and a couple half-hearted Bell's Vireos.
 Still a few Cliff Swallows going into nests under the bridge.

Later,
Steve Kinder
 Chillicothe