Midafternoon I checked on the waders around the Fish Hatchery in the NE corner of Forest Park.  There I refound an adult Yellow-Crowned Night Heron (a stunning look across a 15 foot channel along the biking trail south of the ponds), an adult Black-crowned Night Heron, a fishing first summer BC, a Green Heron, and a Great Egret, all except the Green spending some time in the big Bald Cypresses where they have been nesting..

A Forest Park map in pdf format can be found here::

Jackie Chain
St Louis County