Lately, I've been sneaking around.  I've been rendezvousing with some
shady characters--lots of 'em.  I can't stand this subterfuge any
longer.  I have to 'fess up and tell you folks (especially you who
live on the east side of K.C.) where I've been and what's going on.

Perry Mem. Conservation Area is in Johnson, Pettis and a wee bit in
Saline Co.  It's a gem.  I've been learning how to bird it, finding
and exploring new habitat niches each time I go.  Today I revisited a
woody area and was greeted by a singing Wood Thrush and a Kentucky
Warbler.  This trip added 4 birds to the area checklist.  What fun to
see a checklist grow, one (or 4) birds at a time as new discoveries
in habitat are made.

To get there (unless you are lucky like Larry Olpin and live south of
the area in Johnson Co.), take I-70 to exit 58 (Concordia exit), go
through Concordia on Hwy. 23 that borders the west side of the area.

There are maps at parking areas.  You can print out a map from the
MDC website.  There is also a description of the area on the Birders'
Guide to Missouri Public Lands on the ASM website (you might print
that out to have it and the map with you for that first exploratory
visit.

Here's today's list, and remember, I'm a hearing impaired birder.
Imagine what you could find!

Trip: Perry (Ralph and Martha) Mem CA