From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bill Eddleman
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: North American Bird Population

I would submit that Snow Geese are relatively completely counted by CBC, because the circles often center on refuges. Red-wings are undoubtedly less thoroughly counted by CBCs. The Breeding Bird Surveys may give a better picture, but there are a lot of assumptions there, too.

Of course, NO ONE has complete counts for any common species--only the rare, threatened or endangered ones (sometimes).

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau