Nikki, I live just across Essex from where you live....well, in the 400 block of Central Place.  I have heard the kites several tiimes, but just saw them for the first time this year, at around 5:40 pm today.  One was just over the treetops, another was soaring way up high.  So we can enjoy "our"kites in our neighborhoood!

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO.,MO