On my third trip up and down the levee between I-255 and DD Road I finally spotted the juvenile White Ibises.  They were in a floodle between the Palmer Creek Pumping Station and the main floodle by I-255 (thanks Wally!).  This was around 4 pm (1600 hours for those of you so minded).

Also found two Western Sandpipers at the main floodle, right next to the levee (thanks Bill!).

Other birds seen:  Great Blue Herons, Great Egrets, lots of Snowy Egrets, Little Blue Herons (in differing plummages), Green Herons (juveniles), Pectoral Sandpipers, Least Sandpipers, a gazillion Killdeer, and one Spotted Sandpiper.

Archie Keiper
Columbia, Monroe County, Illinois

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.