Absolutely, Bob.  And that reminds me that I have a photo of one of the juvenile Scissor-tailed Flycatchers that was begging sitting next to an adult on the power line there in Raymore.  It certainly had a lot of yellow on the belly, but as I remember, had a short scissor tail when it flew.  I will post some photos of it on the kingbird page of my website in a little while here when I get a round tuit.

Linda Williams
Liberty, MO
www.lindawilliamsphotography.com

---- Bob Fisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

While we are throwing four possible species of yellow-bellied kingbird into the mix of birds seen in Raymore, let's also mention juvenile Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. They can have short tails and yellow bellies, as well as heavier bills. I have been fooled into thinking a very young S-T was a Western Kingbird until I looked at it more closely. See e.g. http://www.pabirds.org/images/Photos/040609Scissor-tailedFlycatcher2.jpg and imagine it has a yellow belly.

In addition to both an Eastern and a Western Kingbird, I saw lots of  Scissor-tails in that Tiffany Manor area in Raymore, including newly fledged birds, at least one of which had a yellow belly.

Bob Fisher
Independence, MO