Purple Martins and Coopers Hawks are both wild birds.  The fact that
humans provide housing for some does not, by my lights, give them
higher rights in the survival game than the raptor.  If the PMs were
in my yard, I would not enjoy watching the predation, but I'd try to
be open minded in light of the bigger picture.

I'm assuming any young  by now will have adult flight capabilities
since they are very near to the start of migration.

June Newman
Carrollton, Mo